In recent years, women’s football has gained increasing international interest, attracting attention for its top leagues and for the introduction of communities that provide various platforms and opportunities for enjoying football. Perhaps this is related to movements towards ‘gender equality’ that is currently being observed not only in the world of football but also across other respective areas.
Amidst this context, the FIFA Women’ s World Cup Tournament held in France –the essential birthplace of feminism, may indeed be a major turning point in the history of women’ s football. Much is anticipated regarding the changes will we see in the world of football that still today remains a subject of significant gender gaps and discrepancies.
SHUKYU Stories is a special edition of SHUKYU Magazine. In this edition, we spoke with people involved in football across various different countries and fields of work to ask them about current circumstances surrounding the women’ s football community.
- MATCHDAY | France × Korea Republic
- re-inc | Megan Rapinoe, Tobin Heath, Christen Press, Meghan Klingenberg
- SEASON zine
- Spring Kicks 2019 | Romance FC
- 140 Years Harsh History of Women’ s Football
- All the Things I Know about Pussy Riot
- Women’s Football in Argentina
- MATCHDAY | Jef Chiba ladies × INAC Kobe
- Ami Otaki (Jef Chiba ladies)
- GIRLHOOD | Red Star FC
- Cacahuètes Sluts
- SISTERHOOD | Bled FC
- The Final 2011 / 2015