Ards Football Club is a Northern Irish team playing in NIFL Premiership, having formed way back in 1900. But despite a history spanning more than century, the Ards club badge only truly came into being in the 1990s.
In decades past, the club often used an image of Scrabo Tower with ‘Ards F.C.’ written below it. The badge we see today is based on the Castlereagh Borough Council Coat of Arms, owing to Lord Castlereagh being an early club benefactor – he even donated the land that their former home ground of Castlereagh Park was built on. Castlereagh was based in Mountstewart estate, where statues of stags can be found – something also reflected in the Ards F.C. badge.